lllc cleaning

russ_britt3

Yes, it is worth it as a user. But, if you then flip (sell) the camera, you won't recoup the investment.

Dan Goldberg, Sherry Krauter, and Youxin Yee all have excellent reputations in the US. Essex Camera in NJ should also be able to do it. But I don't think Sherry wants to work on screwmount Leica cameras. It's not a hard camera to work on, any repair person with good skills on mechanical cameras should be able to do it.

Price will depend on what it done. It certainly needs a clean, lube, adjust, but it may also need new shutter curtains, and may also need a new half-silvered mirror in the rangefinder. So $125 and up...

I agree with John. If you enjoy using it, then it is worth the cost of a CLA. From my personal experience, Youxin Ye has both the best prices and the fastest turn around time. I've sent him three screwmounts from Australia and have been very satisfied with his work. He communicates well and keeps you informed as to the state of your camera and the needed repairs/adjustments. In regards to a 35mm lens, the 3.5cm Summaron will look really good on your IIIc and also gives excellent performance IMHO.

I've had excellent work from Don and Sherry. However I will recommend, for a IIIc, John Maddox, in Greenville, SC. He has done excellent work on my two IIIcs. John is at L&J Leica Repair, 109 Royal Oak road, Greenville, SC 29607. He overhauled one of my IIIcs for $112.50. Another one needed a new shutter curtain, and although John charged about $100.00 extra for that, the work was excellent, and the price was right in both cases! You can email John at leica25@aol.com