Lightroom 2 pricing/Amazon, wierd experience

I had an experience yesterday evening I wanted to share, not complaining. Was at Amazon.com looking for dvd for kids,

and started browsing Lightroom 2 books. I haven't purchased LR yet,. went through 30-day eval and have been

considering buying - well to make a long

story short there was LR 2 software for $149.49 USD. Sold by Amazon, the real deal with 28 or so reviews, etc. I think it

may have been part of a Cyber Monday promotion that I wasn't aware of, but I've never seen a discount like this. I

immediately went to B&H and Adorama sites to check, usual 280-something price. No, it wasn't an upgrade. I went back

and checked my order last night and again just now to make sure I only paid $149. I did browse some of the coupon sites,

and didn't see anything related to LR pricing. But when I checked before bed time, 5 hours later, it was $272, and same

this AM. Perhaps it's someone at amazon screwing around (?), I did think it was wierd that it said "limit 5 at this price" when

I added to cart.

Maybe I'm just breathing second hand smoke, the UPS driver will ask for a $140 check, I'll find out when the order arrives

Thursday.

regards

Tom

It's a bit late to tell you this now, but if you have kids in school (kindergarten through college), you qualify for the

academic discount, which means you can get Lightroom for just under $100. This is not a special academic version,

it's the regular program. You can get the low price directly from Adobe, or from some online stores like Academic

Superstore.