Lenses with M/A Ring

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by FPapp, Aug 22, 2020.

1. I don't have that lens but there are replacement rings available on Ebay as we speak, including metal ones.

2. I have a very nice Sigma 180mm f/3.5 EX DG IF HSM APO Macro for sale on the big auction site. I'm selling because I replaced it with the 200mm f/ micro. If you're interested, message me, maybe we can work out a deal!

3. What was the solution they came up with?

4. With my ARMD I would need someone to do the actual repair, since my eyesight ia not up to it.

5. I don't remember the details but they used parts that were not standard spare parts of the lens. There was a larger screw and the ring was thicker as well, as far as I can remember.

FPapp likes this.
  6. Just curious, which Nikon center did the work? Does the lens still look like normal 80-200mm or does the non standard part make it look different? Could you post a picture? Thanks

7. I don't have the lens any more, so I can't take a photo of it. The modification/repair was done by Nikon service in Finland but they have since outsourced service to another company. It was really fantastic when they had their own service here. Current service is good but I miss the personalized experience that they used to provide in house. They would let me watch the repair sometimes and explain while doing.

FPapp likes this.