Lenses for Niagara Falls

amy_wilson

<p>Last year I used a 17-40 and 70-200 at the falls (both US and Canadian side) and it worked out well. I think think a 24-105 would have worked out as well or better since I probably did not get any wider than about 20mm. You definitely want weather sealed equipment and would recommend a protective filter on the glass when shooting close to the falls. </p>

<p>I don't see how there is any standard answer to this question. I visited Niagara Falls many times with just a standard prime lens and I got fine pictures. But it depends on what you want pictures of and on where you're standing when you take them. It seems to me that a standard zoom (like 24-105) would be more useful than a super wide angle zoom or a long telephoto zoom... but I prefer being closer to subjects rather than using long telephotos.</p>

<p>By the way, you can get some mist or spray from the falls on any of the closer observation areas, but it's not salt water and it's not a deluge.</p><div>00WACO-234361584.jpg.04de50768a004666dcd4dc2326434ba6.jpg</div>