Lens Cap gone wild!

Whoa, I just <i>paid</i> 1,80 euros to have a prewar Zeiss Ikon G20 mint infrared filter for Contax sent overseas ; I should have listed it with the magic RARE RARE RARE qualifier, I would have sold it for $500.00 or even more :-)))<p>

More seriously : exactly what I said yesterday about the leather straps.<p>

It seems that there is a kind of <i>Contaxmania</i> nowadays, that makes the Zeiss Ikon Contax items' prices go wild far beyond all odds. Even a Leitz lens cap wouldn't sell for such a price. Fortunately I've got all what I need and had been deaming of for years ; good deals at normal prices with Zeiss Ikon top-of-the-line items will probably become rarer and rarer in a very next future.

OK I'm heading to the junk bin today. (my favourite camera store still has one) I've picked up a few free items that were useful. Last I checked, it really was junk but I guess I should look carefully for anything marked with a good brand name.

A $500 lens cap would convert nicely into a 35mm Biogon or 85mm Sonnar for my Contax!

Let us keep hope though, sometimes <a href="http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7511884812">good deals</a> are still to be found :-)<p>I feel that price quite reasonable, with shipping it will be 2,76 euros more - the first time I will pay the postal services more than the seller for a Contax RF item ! And for that price I have also the $99.00 leather case strap included... I know, not in "new out of the papersheet" condition... I will register a complaint :)<p>Yipes :)=

• 1 month later...