Lazy eye!

claire1

Can someone help me with a difficult situation? I recently took a collection of shots for a client. These

were portraits of him on location in my garden & orchard. I delivered the photos in thumbnail/contact

form to him. He also has the shots on CD.

He said he liked the shots but on closer inspection, on enlarging the photos , he noticed he has one eye

that looked smaller or more asleep than the other. I personally can't see what he means as the difference

in the size of his eyes seems neglegable.

He wants me to reshoot the ones in the orchard that he liked the best, or to photoshop his eye!

If I reshoot, should I charge him for my time again, as he isn't saying the photos are bad. But how can I

improve the fact that he may have one eye bigger than the other anyway? I know that if I start to

photoshop his eye to make it match the other then he will start to look really strange. Anyone with advice

please, I haven't been in business very long & need to know what the best thing to do is.

I want a happy customer, but don't want to be re shooting perfectly good shots, & I can't offer surgery!

Thanks

Claire

Perhaps you could show us an example...it may well be a simple issue in Photoshop. The old time portrait photographers frequently did retouching to produce highly satisfied clients...and it was a lot more work than PS.

I saw an article on fixing and hiding imperfections. You can have him turn his head so that

the smaller eye is more toward the camera thus making it look larger or the other way so that

it is less noticed.

In photoshop try liquify to make the smaller eye just a bit larger....might work.

Thomas,

I have used liquify to make the eye a little larger & hey presto! This was just the job, thank

you so much for suggesting this, I also managed to remove two shiny dots on his glasses. I

will e mail him the new image & see if he likes it. You are brilliant, thank you so much for

your help.

All the best

Claire