Last few from Sydney

<p>I used to walk about four miles every day to regain some strength. The building facades and shopping variety was very interesting. There was an interesting Book Store that sold both old and new books. They had a library full of stacks with open access on the main and mezzanine floors. It was managed by a single middle aged woman. She had a computerized catalogue system that was a part of a network of similar shops around the country. She claimed that the shop had more than a 100,000 volumes on the stacks! Others, she could get through the network in about a week or two.</p><div>00cwSN-552370384.jpg.5c935598f14f4d8ab89f675c4eeed8c3.jpg</div>

<p>A typical residential street in New Town with what they term Terrace Housing. This pattern is not found in the newer suburbs. New Town seems to have gone through a lot of renewal due to new residents who are mostly professionals of the middle class. Many are immigrants from around the world, from the Mediterranean to Japan.</p><div>00cwSO-552370484.jpg.314f209bc81294a397f4d754b6366dd3.jpg</div>

<p>This part of new Town had some schools and religious institutions. I noticed a Greek orthodox community complex of a church plus school etc. A few hundred metres away there was a Budhist Meditation Center. These provided a relief from the intensely commercial facades along the Bazaar, full of Italian, Greek, Thai, Viet Namese and other restaurants and coffee shops. The wine stores are known locally as “Bottle shops” in Ozz English. I found some excellent new Zealand Pinot Noir, as good as Paul Mason’s of yester year</p><div>00cwSS-552370684.jpg.c552e20ad57b47357e4e3643faec590e.jpg</div>

<p>Great coverage, SP. It's hard to beat a good walk to take in the scenery at a nice relaxed pace, which allows ample time for photos. You always do a good job of giving us a look at every place you visit. As always, your combination of UN54 and home brew developer deliver nice tones. Thanks for sharing. </p>

<p>Another great walk around Sydney, this time in the areas I enjoy when I visit. Love the power poles in Pic#5; they're in worse shape than ours, which are gradually being replaced by concrete, not nearly so picturesque. And I'm pleased you've discovered our NZ Pinot Noir; I live in one of the principal wine-growing areas and the best Pinot Noir is now well beyond my pocket. You <em>do</em> have a great eye for the street scene, something I've never managed to cultivate. Thanks, <strong>SP</strong>, I look forward to more of your expeditions.</p>

<p>Thanks <strong>Mike</strong>! I use to walk a mile to school since I was a kid, 6 years old. That habit has grown with age nicely. Yes, we do perceive more things as we amble along. <strong>John</strong>, I like that adjective “non-judgmental”; it has a nice esthetic ring to it. Thanks <strong>Rick</strong>; I think that I have observed earlier that you have a unique perceptual mode to street scenes. Your pictures often portray the street “as if time stood still”. I think that is a special talent and approach, very rarely seen. Many photographers chase activities. When you don't, it makes the approach unique. Thanks <strong>JDM</strong> for the very encouraging words. I think the Sydney ambiance inspired my approach, a lot. <strong>William W</strong>., thanks for sharing your thoughts. Doubly nice to know that you are a native; I really enjoyed my stay there.</p>