Large JPEG on 20D

It is Canon's version of a JPG and how they choose to emply the algorithm to whatever compression ratio. A "10" or "12" is nonsensical out-of-context because I imagine you are assuming something. Your best answer would be to import the RAW image from your 20D and then save it as a JPG at the HIGHEST QUALITY your imaging software will save at, after it opens the original digital RAW "negative."<p>

DIY helps you learn the fastest.

<p>There is no standard numbering scheme for JPEG quality. The 20D has two options, which are not numeric. One of Canon's RAW converters (I forget which; I don't use 'em) has four options, 1-4. Photoshop Elements 3.0 has 0-12. Many other programs run from 0 or 1 to 100. There are other quality scales as well. So there is no "JPEG number."</p>

<p>See <a href="http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00CF9z&unified_p=1">this very similar discussion</a> from three days ago.</p>

Preston <br>

try to look at it this way, the jpeg from your camera is pure (if on finest settting). So if you do any editing to the file when saving it make sure you choose the lowest compression (judging by your numbers its photoshop, so 12 is the least compression available). <br>

<br>

If your comparing to photoshop from the camera its not the same. I have noticed the compression Canon uses seems (to my eyes with my 10D on finest setting with largest jpeg) to be better then the compression used in photoshop. So to my eyes its equal or better then 12 on photoshop. <br>

<br>

Thats how it looks to my eyes :+)