kodk portra unperforated film.

alright i got a few (ok ok a dozen) bulk rolls of unperforated kodak

portra 160nc from a photography store that was closing in my area.

and well it doesn't have the holes on the side of the film and i

really want to use this film! it's great film! what can i do with

it? any ideas?

Presumably this film is 35mm wide ??

If so I'd cut it to length, stick it to some backing paper and use it in an 828 roll-film camera ... some of the higher-spec Kodak Bantams have really nice lenses.

Of course, if you want to get really adventurous you could try perforating it to suit and re-loading some 126 Instamatic cartridges ;-)

If either of these options have any interest, see my web-pages for details, http://www.toptown.com/nowhere/kypfer/120-828.htm and http://www.toptown.com/nowhere/kypfer/126-reload.htm

Slitting it down for use in a 16mm is another option

If you have a Bantam camera and spools, but don't have backing paper, you might be able to make up the backing you need from 127 backing (yes, I know, but it's easier to get than new 828 size!). The 127 square format is the same width as the 828 frame; all that would be needed is to slit the 127 backing to 35 mm wide (with the frame numbers in the right place) to fit the 828 spool, and tape on an appropriate strip of unperforated 35 mm film.

If you have a source of black plastic 35 mm film cans, you could cut up the film into strips and sell it on eBay for people with 828 cameras to use for respooling. Strip length should be about 480 mm plus allowance for frame spacing and leader -- probably 500 mm would be a little short, better to allow 550 mm or so. Yes, they might find it interesting to get processed -- but if they're still shooting an 828, they're used to that already.