Kodak Flexicolor (C-41) Final Rinse for Konica Films?

I have got some konica negatives (Pro400 220) to be processed by my JOBO

ATL-2300 soon. I have plenty of this Kodak Final Rinse chemical. My question is

can I use it for the Konica films? Or is it strictly for Kodak's latest (such as

Portra) films only? I understand that if I use a wrong final rinse (or

stablizer) the nagatives will quickly develop a color shift.

In addition, this has been a question for me for a while, is the Kodak C-41

Final Rinse chemical strictly for some latest Kodak negatives only? Am I correct

to assume that it will not be for any Fuji negatives either? Thanks for coments

from experts.

If you are worried, you could try to find some of the older C-41 final rinse and stabilizer.

It will work with all C-41 films even the newest ones. The new final rinse has much less

formaldehyde in it, as an environmental improvement, and the films were reformulated to

work with this, but they still work just fine with the older rinse and stabilizer.

That being said...most C-41 films from other manufacturers are designed around the

KODAK C-41 process, and will work seamlessly in Kodak chemistry. I doubt the

processing labs kept special older stabilizer for specific films when Kodak changed to the

new stabilizer.

McCluney Photo

On the safe side I should forget about uisng Kodak final rinse. I was given a box full of this Kodak final rinse. But I have a lot of older films. So this Kodak final rinse turns out to be pretty useless. I understand its an improved stablizer that contains very little or no formalin. But it should be used in conjunction with the latest films from Kodak only. For older (even Kodak films) or other brands of films the older stablizer should be used still.

Thank you, Ron. I do have a few bottles of Kodak Photoflo. But I have no idea where to get Formalin. Kodak's old stablizer is still widely available and not expensive. I will just drive 40 miles two way to visit the one very last store that still carry photo chemicals to pick up a few bottles.