KODAK DISC FILM REPRINTS

Depending on how quickly you need them, I might be able to help you. I recently got into

the photo lab business. I'm setting up an old KIS 1 hour photo machine, and let me tell

you it does EVERY FORMAT IMAGINEABLE: 66, 645. 127, 110, 135 and disc. I don't have

the paper processor all up and running yet, and I snapped a plastic nipple off the bottom

of the processor the other day, so I won't be up and running with it for another 1-2 weeks

probably. If you're willing to wait that long, I'd love to do your prints. PM me if you're

interested. I'd charge the same as for regular 35mm prints ~30c/frame. I make no

distinction between reprints and prints from freshly-processed film. I believe I can do

3.5x5 & 4x6 with the printing lenses I have, but I'll have to check to see for sure. 3.5x5s

would be cheaper. Also, please tell me whether you want low, medium, or high contrast

prints, as I use Portra professional paper for all of my orders.

Regards.

~Karl Borowski

• 4 months later...

I asked Karl to process a disc for me that I had found after over twenty years of storage. The pictures were of some glider rides that I took in Hawaii as a young Marine in the early 80's.

Not only did Karl do a fantastic job with the photo's, he also processed them and shipped them to me for less then fifteen dollars! I had called filmrescue and one othetr place. They all wanted three times that much plus shipping!

If you are looking to get some disc film processed. I would suggest getting in touch with Karl Borowski. Great service, awesome processing and you don't get fleeced on price.

Just my .02 and experience.

Hank Taylor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Hank,

Thanks for the resounding endorsement. I somehow missed this thread until now. All

you have to do to reach me is click on my name and click "request email adress - 30 second

delay" or something like that. Just an FYI, I am backlogged with film until I'd say mid-

December, but feel free to send it to me now, and I can try to have it back before Christmas.

Regards,

~Karl Borowski

• 3 months later...

While I know it is frowned upon to promote ones business here I hope it is not to defend ones business. Hank has claimed that we "Film Rescue" charge 3 times as much as the person that he is recommending to process his disc film. I believe he said it was 15 dollars where he had it done. We do not charge 45 dollars to process a disc film. The charge is 21 dollars. He also mentioned that we charge return shipping. We do not. Also not mentioned in Hanks comments is that our price includes development in AN-6 high contrast aerial film developer which puts a lot of punch back into these old films. Also not mentioned is that we also scan and enhance ever disc film before printing. Also not mentioned is that the price includes cd-r, negatives and prints. Also not mentioned is that we do not charge if we can not salvage a images from a given film. Sorry about my tone here but being misrepresented is not at all appreciated.

All the best

Greg Miller

Film Rescue International.

I would like to apologize to Film Rescue International. The prices I mentioned in my previous post were in line with those charged at a different vendor. I in no way meant to misrepresent their service. I also have no knowledge of the quality of their service as I did not use it. I do have knowledge of Karl's service and it was stellar as I stated earlier. Service with Karl cost me less then fifteen dollars, so I guess it would be better math to state that he is only 40% less then Film Rescue International and not three times less. My bad, I apologize.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

<p>For the record...Film Rescue now charges 12 dollars to process, scan, do a quick digital fix-up and upload for customer preview. From the preview the customer can then pick and choose the images that they want for 65 cents each to be copied to cd or printed. If there is no image there is no charge. Shipping and handling of 8 dollars applies if an order is placed for images.</p>

<p>Sorry...I need to update a previous post I'd put here.</p>

<p>All the best</p>