Job Fairs for Headshots? Higher Tier of Clientele? DC Metro Area

Hi, I am focusing on Headshot Photography. I am considering the possibility of signing up for job fairs where I can set up a portable studio and do headshots on the spot. I am looking for a higher tier clientele who are most likely on LinkedIn or other professional sites where a headshot is necessary. I am also looking into job fairs where the fee to be a "vendor" isn't $600+.

I am in the DC Metro area, (Montgomery County, MD) and although there are plenty of job fairs available, the fees seem high.

Any suggestions where to look other than "job fairs?"

Interesting game plan.

Perhaps it would be good to play the other side of the game as well...job fairs suggest that there have been big "restructurings.". Also, job fairs are all about "maybe" and they do target lower level people who arguably have not gotten their acts together to do their own searches. Might be good to make formal presentations to HR in old, overly-large companies that should logically do some big layoffs...perhaps around corporate buy-outs.

Thanks, Terry, for your reply. I like the approach you mention. I'm not sure how to do that, though. If I am understanding you, the thought is to approach larger companies laying off people and offering them a headshot as, what? part of their severance package? I'm not sure how that would work, i.e. as in who would pay for that.

I have worked with outplacement companies where people are in between opportunities with good results, although not providing me with consistent work. No replies other than yours in just under a week. Please find me again if you think of other ideas. Thanks again.

Thanks, Terry, for your reply. I like the approach you mention. I'm not sure how to do that, though. If I am understanding you, the thought is to approach larger companies laying off people and offering them a headshot as, what? part of their severance package? I'm not sure how that would work, i.e. as in who would pay for that.

I have worked with outplacement companies where people are in between opportunities with good results, although not providing me with consistent work. No replies other than yours in just under a week. Please find me again if you think of other ideas. Thanks again.

Some large companies contract with writers and trainers to help people they're laying off. I've noticed that banks and other "right sizing" companies do this.

Subscribe to business journals in your market areas to see what officers would be your targets. Start with the biggest.

Edited by terrykelly