Is there a grip wit AE-L/AF-L button for Nikon D3300?

alan_kovarik

"Is there a grip wit AE-L/AF-L button for Nikon D3300?"

- No. The camera doesn't have external contacts that allow such a facility.

Even the shutter release on the grip needs to be connected to the camera with a separate remote cable. Basically the grip just plugs into the battery compartment to supply power.

However, a half press on the shutter release will lock both AF and AE.

Edited by rodeo_joe|1

That said, there are external grips for low-end bodies that plug in where the remote shutter release attaches, and at least the 10-pin connector has separate contacts for focus vs press - that may or may not also be true of the D3300 remote. You could probably jerry-rig something that focussed a D3300 on demand without any risk of taking a photo. I'm prepared to believe you couldn't stop the focus happening again when the shutter button is pressed, though.

No, it doesn't have a ten-pin connector, I was just suggesting that, since Nikon uses that protocol for controlling the shutter release on the high end bodies, they might have two separate pins on the connector used for low-end bodies. But I've not looked to check its protocol; I have a feeling it's that simple (in that I think I've seen adaptors for astronomy mounts that are just wires), but for all I know there's some kind of serial protocol going on which would be more awkward to hack in a DIY project.

Just thought I'd mention it in case the need was desparate. :-)