Is there a chart of enlarging lens, flange to focal distances?

yuri_sopko

I have a Kopil bellowsmat which is like a macro bellows with vertical and swing

movements. It uses enlarging lenses via the adapter that comes with it. I am

using a EL-NIKKOR 50/2.8 on it but I need more throw so I can extend the

bellows. I'm hoping to find a lens that will fit that has maybe 100mm to 120mm

of throw.

Thanks!

my bellows will take either camera lenses special "short barrel lenses like the 135mm or , with an adapter a leica thread enlarging lens.

A 50mm el-nikkor is a very good lens, ( I wish I had one) but makes you stay close to the subjecg. a Longer focal-length lens is more conveniebt to use, as shadows from You and the camera are minimized and lightingf is easier.

when you get the same magnification when 12" from the flower, coin, bug, or stamp, everything is easier to do rather than at 3 inches.

That is a nice rare shift/tilt bellow you have there, to match its rare-ness :-), a super lens for it is the Macro Nikkor 12cm f6.3. It has a flange to film ~114mm. Another nice choice is Nikkor 13.5cm bellow (version 1 without the BR1 adapter) 139mm. With lower cost enlarger lens, the Fujinon EP 135mm/5.6 is 137mm. The EL-Nikkor 135/5.6 should work too.

Any ways, I found out about the Kopil Bellowsmat by some freak web search and I started hunting for one. Eventually, many moons later I found it from some old one-person camera store that the guy had been running for the most of his life. He happened to put his goods up on the internet and when I saw it I pounced. I think I paid like $100 for it with shipping. It has the original bellows on it with no leaks.

Any ways, it has a bayonet-breach style mount on it that came with an adapter for M39 threaded lenses. The Nikkor I have I bought on eBay and I just found it here:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&Q=&is=USE&O=productlist&sku=800502115

I will have look around for those lenses you guys mentioned. Either of you interested in that EL-Nikkor that I have? :) I'll need the money to fund the next one I buy.

Thanks for the information guys!