IR processing...

<p>Depends on the amount of IR light present at the time of exposure. If it was at midnight in a coal bin with the lights out you could develop it for 3 days and nothing would show.</p>

<p>In HC-110 B I'd start with 8 minutes at 68 degrees. Just a guess mind you.</p>

<p>I got my best results with HIE using Sprint developer 1:9 for 11 1/2 minutes at 68F. The massive development chart lists that time and temp with a 1:4 dilution and I tried that once and got seriously bulletproof negs. I usually used 200iso and a red#25, too. <br>

Despite being stored properly, it does age more rapidly (or did for me). My last roll was used and developed about a year after its exp date and it had grain the size of softballs. 6 months was more like golf balls (the next to last roll of mine). <br>

A film I greatly miss, that's for sure.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>I found xtol 1+3 for 17-18min gives a nice dense neg, which seems to scan well on an imacon. As Anthony mentioned, the amount of IR light can really vary. Some very old 4x5 hie (2001) I processed last year worked out ok. Sometimes there's a texture on the film, but it can be add to a more interesting result. </p>