iPhoine 4S

dr._karl_hoppe

<p>My wife has an iPhone 4S with 16 GB and uses it to take the usual family snaps. No matter how many pictures I dowload to the laptop, the memory is still unbelievably low. She can only take a handful of stills at a time and just a short video clip or two eats up the remaining memory. I go in, copy to the laptop, then delete from the phone, but still the memory left is tiny. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or what's not right here?</p>

<p>Check if Photo Stream is off? I'm not clear on the concept myself, but I think it's making an EXTRA copy of every image, and retaining, even when the photo roll is deleted.</p>

<p>We just went through the hook up to computer, copy images/videos over, then delete from phone process. I find it a little dismaying that the apparent only way to do wholesale deletion of images from the phone is by hook up to computer.</p>

<p>You can use iTunes to import the files then use the option to delete them. Other files can be deleted in other programs, such as web browser cache, voice memos, music files, ebooks, text messages, email attachments. Some things to try: settings/Safari/clear history (data)(cookies). Settings/mail/delete account then add it again. Messages program to delete text messages. Turn off PhotoStream. (See: iPhone, The Missing Manual (2013), pp. 557-559.)</p>