In UK: Who to approach to draw up a proper license agreement

alvinyap

<p>Hey everyone,<br>

I would like to get some recommendations on lawyers/attorneys in the UK that have a photograhpic related bent that I can draw up a license agreement with.<br>

This is a one off thing, I'm not charging ££££, but I want to make sure my ass is covered. Or do most of the pros here (I'm not) just go with boilerplate agreements?<br>

Thanks!<br>

<br /> Regards,<br>

Alvin</p>

<p>Alvin:<br /> <br /> These guys should be able to assist, or at least point you in the right direction: http://www.bipp.com/<br /> <br /> Also, check out usage agreement from some of the UK agencies like Alamy et al. Generally available on their web sites and these contracts should give you a rough idea at least.<br /> <br /> I'm no lawyer (bla, bla, bla) so if you're looking for <em>real legal </em> info, talk to a local atty.</p>

<p>If its a one -off thing, unless its huge or contentious I'd expect that the only real economic route is to use an agreement that exists already. That might involve</p>

<ul>

<li>picking up a template from the web.</li>

<li>Picking up the general idea from a stock agency's rights managed agreement as Mikael suggests. Not to put naughty ideas into your head, but buying a small sized image for a short period from a major player might be worthwhile just for the licence agreement they'd ask you to sign. Probably cheaper than a lawyer starting from scratch anyway. </li>

<li>Hoping that some kind soul on here who sells licenced work from a website will let you see their Licence agreement. </li>

<li>Hoping that someone here has bought a licence from a stock agency that they're prepared to let you see. I thought I might fall into this category myself since some years ago I had a project that involved my buying in stock photographs of locations I didn't want to travel to, but having checked, all that paperwork has gone.</li>

</ul>

<p> Lawyers aren't cheap in the UK either. </p>