I can't open RAW files in PSE 9

<p>I have just started shooting in RAW and am trying to upload the files to PSE 9, but it says it "could not complete your request because it is not a valid photoshop document". I'm sure I am completely missing something easy, but can anyone give me some suggestions?<br>

Thanks,<br>

Rachel</p>

<p> If you go to the "Help" menu and then go to "updates" you can follow the prompts to update to the latest plug in. It would be in the PSE 9 manual also on how to do that. The Adobe camera raw 6.3 plug in does work with the D7000 Nikon. You can also install it manually if you follow the instructions under the adobe camera raw 6.3 plug in.</p>

• 5 months later...

<p>Okay all. I got a new laptop and need to do the update for the RAW files to work. I tried going to help, then updates and it tells me "the update server is not responding. the server might be offline temporarily, or the internet or firewall settings may be incorrect. please try again later." That has been going on all day. I turned off my firewall (temporarily) and reduced the security of my internet from medium-high to medium and that didn't work. I tried the link listed above and downloaded the update, but don't know what to do with it from there. Sorry to be a pain again!</p>

<p>Thanks,<br>

Rachel</p>