Hyperlink difficulty

robertshults

Okay, I was wary of clogging up that thread with another attempt, but the preceding test did

not function either.

There is an additional rel="nofllow" tag in the HTML. I cut and pasted the original hyperlink

text from the FAQ page; typed this one in manually.

Yeah, I think that's the line break created by the "Contribute an answer" box.

But, shouldn't the HTML still display a hyperlink, albeit one that goes to a "Problem with Your

Input" page?

I don't see any such space in the hyperlink in the original thread, and there's that added

rel="nofollow" tag that I did not type. Never had this problem before...

(sheepishly) Umm...Josh...

Sorry, feel quite the fool but just now realized the problem. Forgot to select HTML in the

pull down menu. I've done this dozens of times before, yet suddenly overlooked it today.

Kinda embarassed...

Any chance you can fix my link to <a

href="http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/"

rel="nofollow">this blogpost</a> in the original thread. Thanks.

Ah, I see that's what you did. I changed your post from Plain Text to HTML for you (you can't do that yourself after you've posted), so it displays OK now.

It's still true that photo.net does fail to render some long links correctly, especially if they contain characters like "?" and force a line break with a space.

Thanks Josh. Yes, that's what I meant. It's only in Plain text mode where long and complex links sometimes get corrupted. In HTML if you code it right it works 100% of the time. Short and simple links work OK 100% of the time in Plain Text too.