How to shoot storefronts without reflections

richard_wilkins3

I'm brand new to this forum and have searched unsuccessfully for tips on how to shoot storefronts from the street

without getting all kinds of glare and reflections in the windows.

How is this done? I have a fujifilm s7000 and the only flash I have right now is a bounce flash that I can attach

to the shoe on top of the camera. I have a basic tripod.

I've tried taking these shots at various times of the day, from various angles, but there always seems to be

massive reflections bouncing off the glass and obscuring the objects behind the glass.

I'd like to shoot these windows at night, which I'm sure will help reduce reflections of the sky, but there are

new light sources at night that will most likely create new reflections....

Any tips on taking good clean shop window shots without reflections?

thanks all,

Rich

Rich, use a polarizer and photograph the glass from an angle of 45-52 degrees. If you want or have to

use flash, you have to buy a flash cord to use it off camera at an angle from the side and best above camera as

well. For closeups of the interior of the shop press the flash and lens shade directly on the glass .

Thanks guys! I have CPs for my 35mm film cameras, but will need to find something for my fujifilm s7000 digital... I screwed one of the CPs onto the s7000 and when i turned it on got a zoom error. The S7000 has a lens mechanism that telescopes out from the camera body as soon as you turn it on. This may very well be one of the cons of owning this model....

but thanks to all who responded!