How to sell photos on photo.net

leon_pugh

Hello all,

I am considering going premium and maybe selling some of my photos from here.

I have not yet seen any "How To" on the subject.

Where can I find out more about online file sizes required , where to save the images, how to set up payments made to my bank account or paypal,.....

Is there something posted here?

Thanks

There is a "Purchase a Print" box you can check when uploading photos to your gallery. I used to ask yearly for experiences from p/n members who have sold a print using this option, but as far as I can determine...zero sales! If someone has actually sold a print here I would like to here about their experience.

I am considering going premium and maybe selling some of my photos from here.

I would STRONGLY suggest you thoroughly read all the posts in this particular forum over the last year or two, to get an idea of the numerous issues affecting this site, then think real hard about if you really want to make that type of effort here. Just so you know, this is my second account here, only started to try to get some resolution to my own issue, which was being locked out of the forums after only 2-3 days AFTER setting up my FIRST account and uploading photos. Three month later, still no explanation what happened, much less any resolution. This site is seriously screwed up, and other than a couple of volunteer mods who try to contact the owners, nothing gets resolved quickly if at all. Just calling it as it is...

• Like 2

I would STRONGLY suggest you thoroughly read all the posts in this particular forum over the last year or two, to get an idea of the numerous issues affecting this site, then think real hard about if you really want to make that type of effort here.

While there can still be some benefits to the site, some good interactions and opportunities to discuss things related to photography, I wouldn’t rely on the site for anything like what you’re contemplating and certainly not for future possibilities. There’s very little technical or high-level administrative support, despite a very good job under less-than-ideal circumstances by the remaining few moderators. Also, stuff that you may read regarding perks of premium membership was written some time ago and a number of things are out of date and no longer functional, so caveat emptor.

• Like 2

"You talkin' to me?"