How to request a critique

gungajim

Been gone for awhile and just beginning to post images again. Ratings feature appears to have been trashed but I am confused about Request Critique feature. Do you still have to request critique or are all images now in critique queue? If you must still request, I can't figure out how to do it. Help please.

Request Critique feature

I have the same question

Looks like there are two routes in:

1. Go to your portfolio page, and mouse over "Critiques" on the left. In the drop-down, you'll find an option for "Submit critique." Click on that, and your photos will appear, with a button on each that you can use to select the photo for critique. Click on the one you want and you're done. If you want to add a statement with the photo, then you might want to add a comment of your own to the photo before selecting it. I think it takes awhile for the photo to show up in the critique queue--I tried it for the first time about 15 minutes ago and it hasn't showed up yet. This may be one of the database operations that needs to wait for an hour or so for the database to update.
  2. The second route is to mouse over Explore at the top of this page, click on "Seeking Critique", then click on "Submit a photo," and that takes you to your portfolio page. From here on, it's the same process as the first option.

Anyway, that's the way it works in theory. In practice, I'll know if it works when the photo I just submitted shows up on the "Seeking critique" page...

Request Critique feature

I have the same question.

So the difference between theory and practice is that in theory they're the same, but in practice they're not. None of the photos I tried posting for critique (using both methods and two browsers) ended up appearing there, 12 hours later. I'll start another thread to see if we can figure out what works.

• 2 weeks later...
But it is true that the ratings feature was scrapped. I’m hoping it returns as it was helpful to those who used it. Those that had no use for it obviously were quite vocal.

Yes, so many of us have no way to discharge our anger now that the ratings system has been consigned to the junk heap.

Looks like there are two routes in:

1. Go to your portfolio page, and mouse over "Critiques" on the left. In the drop-down, you'll find an option for "Submit critique." Click on that, and your photos will appear, with a button on each that you can use to select the photo for critique. Click on the one you want and you're done. If you want to add a statement with the photo, then you might want to add a comment of your own to the photo before selecting it. I think it takes awhile for the photo to show up in the critique queue--I tried it for the first time about 15 minutes ago and it hasn't showed up yet. This may be one of the database operations that needs to wait for an hour or so for the database to update.
  2. The second route is to mouse over Explore at the top of this page, click on "Seeking Critique", then click on "Submit a photo," and that takes you to your portfolio page. From here on, it's the same process as the first option.

Anyway, that's the way it works in theory. In practice, I'll know if it works when the photo I just submitted shows up on the "Seeking critique" page...

Thanks Leslie. Seems like it would be so much easier to just have a checkbox on Photo Upload Page that is labeled Request Critique. IAnd another checkbox that says Request Ratings - as soon as Management realizes how the length and number of session durations is tumbling.