how to delete IPTC data?

<p>I have a gallery of images in LightRoom. They all have my name as the creator and my copyright notice. I need to export these with both of these IPTC fields empty.</p>

<p>I have tried to do this in LightRoom. I do ^A to select all and then library mode click on the IPTC fields and delete. I get a confirmation window and agree. The IPTC fields are now clear.</p>

<p>I export the images to .jpgs and check them using Windows Photo Viewer and the .jpgs still have my name as author and my copyright notice. I need to deliver these images with both fields blank.</p>

<p>Any idea or suggestions?</p>

<p>thanks for your help!</p>

<p>Allan</p>

<p>Two choices: Put whitespace in there instead of nothing, or strip the fields with <a href="http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/metadata-wrangler">Jeffrey's Metadata Wrangler plug-in</a>.</p>

<p>The reason zeroing the fields doesn't work is that if Lightroom has nothing in the IPTC fields, it will pull from the mapped Exif fields in the original file, and your camera is probably configured to put that stuff in the original file. (So you could also strip the fields from the original file, but that's a much uglier solution.)</p>