How Often Do You Go Photographic

rashed

<p>Since I came to Thailand this time and also in the past I engage at least 2 to 3 hours to enjoy taken photos of all sort, people out door, landscape, wild life, floral and head & shoulder portraits.</p>

<p>Back home I do a routine plans to go out for photography once a week at least and some times I engage my self into my home studio to do other photography work, like studio portrait for my friends or still life work which is I am not yet fully experinced with.</p>

<p>I understand that there are many people like to have everything photographic lunches in the market but they do very little photo shooting.</p>

<p>So please if it is not of any ambersment to my friends here, it nice to know how much times my friends engage for shooting photos <br>

- on daily bases, weekly , monthly or just when the mood is permitting so ?</p>

<p>Thank you and wishing you all of the best.</p>

<p>Rashed</p>

"Going Photographic"? Is that anything like "Going Postal"?

<p>

Basically I shoot whenever the mood takes me. On vacation that's most of the day and every day. The rest of the time it varies a lot. Depends if I have any new ideas I want to try or new subjects I have the opportunity to shoot.

<p>Thank you my friend Bob Atkins, I am very glad that the first input here from the Technical Edditor on this wonderful photographic educational site and very much approcaited, please do not be abest because of my poor Engliah , I am trying to improve at all times.</p>

Your English is much better than any of my writing in other languages would be!

I like the phrase "Going Photographic" though. We just need a definition for it. Maybe suddenly pulling out a camera and clicking away at something.

"...I was talking with this dude and suddenly he went photographic on me...". Has a nice sound to it!

<p>salam alekum rasheed :)<br>

'going photographic' could indeed become the byword of the modern era whatever each of us makes of the phrase. i am assuming that you are talking about heading out with a camera with the active intention of talking photographs? for the amateur enthusiast, i am sure there are many here who do it regularly. i like to keep a little camera in my regular workbag. it rarely comes out but when it does, i am grateful for it having been there!</p>

<p>I like the term "going photographic" too. I go photographic any chance I get, which is most days. I take my camera with me when I walk my dogs, so if the weather is cooperating, I shoot everyday. Some days, I take a lot of pictures, and some just a couple. Depends on what I see.</p>

<p>I don't want to think of "Going Photographic" as anything like "Going Postal." Sadly, here in Goleta, California, in 2006, we had one of the tragic incidents that have helped to create a stereotype of the Post Office as a violent place. The six postal workers killed here included the daughter of one of the camera operators in a television show I work on.<br>

Let's just define "Going Photographic" as "undertaking photography with dedication." As such, I like the term.</p>

<p>I have to have a reason to go photographic. Recently I went to a lunch at a supposedly unique "green" technology building. I took my new E-3 along with a flash. Just in case. I did a couple what the hell photos of the lady who made a rather dull(to me) powerpoint presentation just to keep in practice. . There just was nothing worth photographing about the place that I could see---the electrical wiring,the AC are all hidden away. Actually, sometimes there really <strong>IS </strong> nothing to record that I care about. I am much more selective nowadays. I will take the camera to keep the body exercised in its use and the bag becomes habitual on the shoulder..but not always to shoot anything... I have a big collection over 50 yrs, so maybeI don't care how often I 'go photgraphic.' I think a lot of shooters reach that stage sometime in their life story. Are we losing our edge, I don't think so... The buzz wears off a little maybe.( Find me a pretty perky model and I get photographic in a hurry:-)</p>

<p>Dear <a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=18876">Hector Javkin</a>, Iam so sorry to hear about this tragic incidents taken place as I am really sorry for those people whom lost their life, may God hve their soles rest in peace in heaven.<br>

Thank you my friend for taking your time to participate in this thread, this is very much approcaited.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I don't want to think of "Going Photographic" as anything like "Going Postal."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Perhaps someone could explain what <em>going postal</em> means....<br>

.<br>

.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Going photographic? Is that anything like "going rogue"?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>And that!</p>

<p>Today I am very happy man, I managed to get my 3 B/W films processed at a town called Chon Bori around 20KM from where I am Pattaya, the hassel. 2 6X6 Ilford films turned to be all ok and this did aprove that my cameras both are working ok.</p>

<p>The shop which processed my films run by an old lady and she also can process Fuji Slide Films, tomorrow I will try to shoot with 120 slide films and have them processed with her.</p>

<p>Today I went also to Jometin area and found so many nice landscape there with a lot of domastic animals around and birds, I think this is a good chance for me to use my Nikon 300MM F2.8 VR lens as still I did not test this new lens I bought from photo-thailand at the MBK mall to its full capabilities .</p>

<p>This is how I enjoy my holiday in Thailand " going photographic " every day.</p>

<p>On 25th. I will also enjoy going to the photo fare in Bangkok, hopping to by another one of those black stiff bags for some of my lenses and also try to find some slide mounts for my films.</p>

<p>For B/W films, I have another 40 50ASA Ilford 120 films coming tomorrow from Bangkok.</p>

<p>If any one visiting Thailand for holiday I can give him some informations on camera shops and film processing places.</p>

<p>I carry some kind of camera with me all the time during daylight hours - usually a Rollei 35, which is easily pocketable and unobtrusive. You never know quite when good light might turn up, after all - and if nothing else I get good experience of judging exposure. If I've got space I'll happily lug around a MF camera with me, though.</p>

<p>I carry the camera pretty much every day; but this does not mean there is going to be a great set of photos. There may be no photos. When I'm working on a project, I usually get into a pattern of photos for four days, labs for at least one day a week; depending on how things go, there may be overlap.</p>

<p>If I get into a situation where I am making a lot of photos; really that doesn't help me. Things have to balance out with labs and the rest of the process later. A long set of days with the camera will be followed by about as many days or weeks of labs. Keep in mind, the camera work may only be about 10 to 20% of getting the photo completed.</p>

<p>I want that completion. Until that photo is viewed, it's not completed. So, I am perpetually behind where I should be in the cycle of things.</p>

<p>I may have experienced too much backlog of loss; all that time spent, and no completion; hey, they were not the best photographs, so no big loss; yet, nowadays I want to see more of those sets of completion.</p>

<p>When I was younger, I just liked snapping the picture. Now that I am older, I feel a push to stack completed projects one on top of the other. The snapping of the individual frame is not as important.</p>

<p>It's still important; but, I feel more of a push for the whole project. Before, I was more interested in, "Let's use the camera." Camera use without project completion builds up after a while. I imagine there people either stop, don't care, or start caring about completion.</p>

<p>Like John, I carry a camera with me pretty much at all times (usually a Fuji E900) but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm taking great photos all the time. I generally carry it so if I do see something and I want to "go photographic" I don't have to curse myself for not having a camera with me....but as far as gathering up all my gear and going out specifically to get some photos, maybe once a week. Depends on the weather, too. And if I have a project in the works (which right now I do).</p>

<p><strong>"Going Postal"</strong> is an American term, used as a verb meaning to suddenly become extremely and uncontrollably angry, often to the point of violence and in a workplace environment. The term gained popularity after the 1995 movie <em>"Clueless"</em> . It derives from a series of incidents from 1986 onward in which US Postal Service (USPS) workers shot and killed managers, fellow workers, and members of the police or general public. Between 1986 and 1997, more than 40 people were killed in at least 20 incidents of workplace rage. The phrase has been applied to murders committed by employees in acts of workplace rage, irrespective of the employer. It's generally used to describe fits of rage, though not necessarily at the level of murder, in or outside the workplace.</p>

<p><strong>"Going Rogue</strong> " is the title of Sarah Palin's tome.</p>