How do I make blue eyes stand out like this?

i select just the color of the eye using the wand selection tool, and not the entire eye, often you dont want to alter the catch light or the black part of the eye. . . the eye is then sharpend, or the blure removed if the face was blured. I'm surprised they left as much shadow under the eye as they did. Some is needed or the shot looks flat and un natural. Also, the white of the eye often is adjusted too 9if it's read, or off white or blood shot etc., select it, then reduce the contrast and brighten it a bit. messing with eye's if fun, but a little bit goes a long way.

Make a blank layer by clicking on the page icon at the bottom of the layers pallet. Change blending mode to overlay. Make white as the foreground color. Choose a soft brush same size as the colored part of the eye. Make opacity of brush about 30% and pressure 50% to start.

Click on the eye to lighten, repeat on other eye. Make a new blank layer, change blending mode to color. Click on foreground color to open color pallet and choose the color you want for the eyes. This will now be your foreground color. Select brush as before, opacity and pressure at 100%. Click on each eye to paint the color, then use opacity on layer to adjust.<div>00NDq0-39610684.jpg.48d06c63a00f6ff5d1b8ba4905058748.jpg</div>