High School reunion

I have been doing senior portraits for a while now and was approached by a parent to do their 50th class reunion. I

have done small schools and have shot and posted to my site for family to purchase. I'll be meeting with him later

next week and was wondering if anyone here has done this successfully.

I'll be asking him their needs and wants, but is there any questions that I should bring to the table?

I'm not looking for a price quote, I'm asking do you use a formula such as an hourly rate, plus prints or a day

rates,etc.

I have search the forum and got some good ideas on the shoot (do it before the booze) but at a 50 year reunion that

should me at a minimum.

Printing on location at this time in not possible.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

I can't speak for the hourly rate idea, but I found out early on that few people would sign up and pay for a group shot

at the actual reunion. It would be even less attractive on site in this digital age.

What I ended up doing was to work with the committee far enough ahead so that they added a fee for the group 8x10

to the attendence fee and paid me for each person who signed up to be there. I also had a small portait background

and basic prom type set up for couples and small groups of friends, but that only produced a relatively small profit.

The group shot was the bread and butter once I started working it with the actual committee.

Good luck.

We try to get a non-refundable 'location' fee plus charge a certain amount for prints.

One small reunion project we charged $150 as a location fee plus $25 per 8x10 sold that night for one group shot. Most of the orders were paid by cash or check on the spot. Maybe 9-10 additional orders came in after the fact through the website.

I think we grossed around $1100 on the job.

Our sales probably would have been higher and the process easier if the prints had been prepaid or worked into the ticket price but the committee didn't want to do that.