Hi Everyone ! Greetings from England.

<p>Hi Everyone! greetings from Folkestone, Kent, England.........<br>

Just a quick line to introduce myself. My names Steve, I've just turned 50 ( AARGH ! ) and have been a camera nut since I was about 6 years old. My Father let me use his Agfa Silette ( which I still have and use ! ) little knowing he was sparking a lifetimes' passion. I then progressed through brownie cameras to my first SLR ( a Pentax ME) and then on to Minolta SLRs' in about 1980. I worked as a semi-pro photographer for several years in London - mainly doing the usual weddings and portraits, as well as some freelance work ( book cover montages etc.).<br>

Although never a full time photographer ( my jobs have included 15 years in mainframe I.T. , and now I work for English Heritage at Dover Castle ), my brief sojourns into paid photography added currency to fuel my interest. Although I now have a Digital SLR ( SORRY - I USED THE ' D ' WORD !!!!!), my love is still for Film. My Camera collection includes a Kodak #3 Autographic, A Yashicaflex TLR, a Leica II and several Zeiss Ikontas and a Nettar, to name but a few. Oh, and a selection of 35mm Minolta SLRs and Lenses too!<br>

The subjects I prefer are varied. Living near the coast I love shoreline pictures and landscapes. One of my hobbies is as a WW2 re-enactor. I portray a German War Correspondent so I get plenty of opportunities at big WW2 events to take really good shots ( my Father was a German Soldier in WW2 and was a POW in in the USA and England - hence the German side. NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS !!!). It's great to see such a diverse Forum, and good to know there are many more like minded people out there who use film with a passion.</p>

<p>I'll post some pictures in the near future !!!</p>

<p> </p>

• 2 weeks later...