Hexar RF with Voigtlander lenses?

non-sense. This was never confirmed. I never had any problem with th ebody. I sold the RF because it's noisy, but not because it doesn't work with my Leica glasses. I believe it's a conspiracy to kill Konica, and it did.

I don't know about every Hexar RF ever made but mine focused perfectly with the Noctilux; tested it on a tripod, focus on an object from two meters and the results were perfect. I shot the same thing using an M6 and Bessa T as control. The M6 was accurate and the Bessa T was off by an inch or so. On the same roll I also used other lens/camera combos and the conclusion was that the Hexar was as accurate as my M6.

I am convinced that reports of incompatibility of Hexar lenses with Leica M mounts is nothing but urban myth. Any single instances of mis-match can be attributed to problems with quality control, but most instances I have heard of (only rumors) involved the use of Leica lenses on Hexar cameras � not the other way around! Leica was particularly fastidious in properly adjusting this distance, and any report of problems using Hexar lenses on M bodies are particularly suspect � most likely a matter of someone tampering with the lens mounting flange on the camera. The fact that most M bodies still in use today are in excess of thirty years old and who knows how many inept hands have taken them apart?

I use several Voigtlander lenses on a Hexar RF. I have never had focusing problems with any, save the 90/3.5 APO-Lanthar. I attribute my focusing difficulty with that lens to the low magnification of the RF's viewfinder, not to any incompatibility with the lens. I found the same lens hard to focus on an M6.

The VC lenses I use successfully with the Hexar RF are the 15/4.5, 35/1.7, 50/1.5, and 75/2.5.

Same here,

My 35/1.7 and 25/4 work perfect on the RF,

(the entire viewfinder covers exactly the 25's field)

Also my leica 35/2 works fione on the RF.

My 50 and 90 hexanons on the other hand do fine on my

M4. I never experienced any problem.

(for more info look up dante stella's website)

Well, it may in fact be an "urban myth," but then my experience shouldn't count for anything, right?

I bought a Hexar RF. Sent it for a CLA. I then started reading about the back focus problems. Thought it was just the hysterical rantings of people with too much time on their hands. So I set it up on a tripod with my assorted Leica lenses and shot newspaper print wide open; then used same procedure with my M4, M6 and M3.

Suprisingly, all the M shots were resolute and clear at high magnification, while those shot with the Hexar were markedly less resolute and clear. This was true for every lens tested. I sold the Hexar the next day, which was a shame because I really would have liked the camera if it worked properly with my lenses.

Explain to me why my results are an urban myth.

Wenton: What has never been confirmed is that the RF is compatible with Leica M, not the reverse as you said. Konica refused to endorse M compatibility, hence all the speculations which keep going and going and going...

As to the level of compatibility/incompatibility, I do not make any statement as I never owned a RF. What I know is I considered buying one and decided not to when it appears Konica would not endorse compatibility with the M. Too bad, the RF appeared to be clearly superior to the M7 in many ways. Maybe I was wrong...

According to a person having owned an RF and a M, Konica lenses did not work properly on the M before F 5.6 (Thread is buried somewhere on French Leica site www.summilux.net). I have no reason to doubt this guy: He bought 1st the RF and Konica lenses and was all sorry after buying an M from the disappointing results he got with K lenses on the M.

Explain to me why my results are an urban myth.

I use a Hexar RF and use Voiglander lenses, and Leica. I have not experienced any problems, if i had, i would have sold it. My new V nockton 1.2 works perfectly with it, wide open.

Ps..hate the V 1.2 lense hood. Real gimmicky pain always falling off.

> I bought a Hexar RF. Sent it for a CLA. I then started reading about the back focus problems. Thought it was just the hysterical rantings of people with too much time on their hands. So I set it up on a tripod with my assorted Leica lenses and shot newspaper print wide open; then used same procedure with my M4, M6 and M3.

Did you refocus the lens as you put it on a the new body?

Did your test include any Hexanon lens, and if so, did it/they work better on the Hexar RF compared to the Leica?

I am sure that SOME Hexar RF bodies actually have the focus slightly off. I am equally sure that many of the Hexar RF bodies are fine, and focus perfectly. Fortunately, mine is one of these. It works perfectly with my Hexanon lenses, my Voightlander lenses, My Minolta lenses, and my Leica lenses.

I believe there were some issues on certain bodies, perhaps because to lower tolerances in the manufacturing vs. Leica. I sued CV, Konia and Leica lenses on my HRF w/o any problems whatsoever. I also used the Konica Hexanon 50/2 plus some CV lenses on my M6 without any problems.