Help me, I've got gas

ejchem101

<p>Gear Acquisition Syndrome is setting in. This time because I have a lot going on this summer.<br>

-Heading to Utah for 10days (Landscape and Wildlife Photos)<br>

-Mother-in-Law's Wedding (don't ask)<br>

-Hockey Shoot<br>

-Senior Portraits</p>

<p>My problem is in my head...I love my gear, and I love shooting with it, but with this many things coming up this summer (a lot for me anyway, I know you pros have a lot more on your plate) I am considering upgrading my body - My camera body that is, i'm content with my other.</p>

<p>I'm also not even thinking about lenses, i'm very happy with my setup of 17-40 F4, 50 1.4, 100 F2 and 200 2.8</p>

<p>My current bodies are A2, 1D II, 20D</p>

<p>I recently traded my 5D for a 1D II (I do a lot of sports (hockey, baseball, football, baseball) and wildlife)<br>

I am very happy with the 1D II, but keep thinking... for another $1k I can grab a 1D III, which for a summer might be worth it! I mainly use the 1D for Wildlife, sports and portraits. OR I could pick up a 5D for $1k for Landscape and Portraits (but that 1D III is just so tempting and I do like my film for some landscapes).</p>

<p>So... tell me I don't need any more cameras because my body is fine.?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Drink a couple cold ones and none of this BS will matter.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I like your way of thinking... that did the trick, now i'm good to go, the rest of you guys can just ignore the post and my stupid rambling :)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>So... tell me I don't need any more cameras because my body is fine.?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>You don't need any more cameras because your body is fine.</p>

<p>Besides, it's ALWAYS a BAD IDEA to use NEWLY acquired gear in IMPORTANT shooting situations. You wouldn't want to disgrace yourself in front of that mother-in-law, would you?</p>

<p>Ohhhhh no no no....Mother-in law, HER wedding and new, unfamiliar gear-ESPECIALLY a body should never ever be used in context within a sentence, much less the same venue. One has to go, and we know what that choice must be! Enjoy your summer, don't add any unecessary pressures "just because".</p>