Hasselblad finders: PM 45 vs NC2 vs Kiev...

noah

I shoot with a 501cm with a kiev copy of the NC2 prism finder. It's alright, but I do find it somewhat dark

and the copy I have is pretty beat up. I do like the small size of the finder in comparison to the PM45. So

my question is, if I get a real hasselblad nc2, will it be any brigther than my kiev copy?

Also, I've seen the PM45 and it's certainly brighter than my kiev, but has a lower magnification. I like the

higher mag and don't wear glasses, but if anyone has used both the hassy nc2 and the pm 45, how do

they compare in brightness and ease of focussing in low light?

Clearly the easy solution would be to try a genuine NC2 in person, but I can't find any around here so

would have to go the mail-order route.

I don't need the flash shoe on the pm, so that's no advantage, and don't really shoot polaroid so back

compatibility isn't an issue. Thanks for any advice....

If you are not using an 'Acute Matte' screen on your 501CM, then irrespective of which prism finder you use, the image will be dull.

This should be your first avenue to explore. There's an enormous difference between the old Hasselblad screens and the Acute Matte.

I do have an acutte matte screen, I should have mentioned that. Maybe my kiev needs a

cleaning. I figured the hasselblad version would be about the same brightness, so thanks for

confimring that, paul.

I'll probably stick with the one I have, I don't have a problem with it and love the compact

size, I was just wondering if I could get a slightly brighter view.