Has the Nikon D60 a multi-bracketing function?

emil_ems5

<p>I recently read, in a Popular Photography article, that most DSLR cameras have a multi-bracketing function, providing, for instance, three exposures in rapid sequence, one over-exposed, one under-exposed and one normal. <br>

I recently acquired a Nikon D60 which I used extensively on hikes in Gran Canaria. When taking pictures in the mountains, the camera exposure system consistently over-exposed. This was difficult to see on the back-screen, due to the intensive light on those altitudes. At similar occasions in the future, I will always make two exposures, one automatic and one with 1-step exposure compensation. However, this is unwieldy to do, since the compensation has to be operated by depressing a tiny button and simultaneously pushing a wheel forward. And since this takes some attention, the risk is that the subsequent picture is not completely aligned, making post-processing difficult. In addition, the compensation does not disappear after exposure, thus risking misjudgments in subsequent picture taking. The light quickly changes under those circumstances and I would prefer to concentrate on the motive rather than on fiddling around with tiny controls.<br>

Is there some possibility in the camera, hidden somewhere in the menus or otherwise, to get an automatic multi-bracketing? I was not able to find such a feature. If not, are there software solutions out there in the market (I heard of one for Canon cameras) that could add-on this feature to my Nikon D60?</p>

<p>I can't find it in the index of the manual, so I think the D60 has no auto bracketing function.</p>

<p>You don't check the exposure on the display by looking at the picture, but by looking at the histogram on the display or looking to the picture with the highlights function on then you see immediately when there is over exposure in the pic.</p>

<p>D60 does not have auto-bracketing. I miss this feature too but really haven't used it a lot of times. I guess you can always take pictures, review histogram, adjust settings and snap another one.</p>

<p>Another option is to shoot RAW and then do post processing later at home. RAW should give you better source material than JPG especially when you are shooting in difficult lighting conditions as you described.</p>