Greetings from Tennessee, USA

Hi everyone,

My name is William, and I live near Chattanooga, Tennessee, in the southeastern USA. If you're not familiar with this area, I can tell you that we have an abundance of beautiful scenery and opportunities for fun outdoor activities. I love being near mountains and rivers, and we are surrounded by both here.

So far, I have not yet gone digital. My brother gave me a used Nikon F90X for Christmas a few years ago, and it's hard to imagine sidelining it just because it's not digital. I also have access to my grandfather's Nikon F and lenses, and I grabbed a Spotmatic with the 1.4 Takumar lens a few years ago for next to nothing. The downside to film is that it requires more planning than it used to.

I appreciate that there are people out there who contribute to forums like this so that everyone can share their expertise.

Thank you,

-William

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hello and welcome, William. I'm also William, and lived in Crossville for about 10 years before returning to Arizona. I miss the Smokies, Fall Creek Falls, Walden Ridge, and a bunch of other places. I went through the same film processing challenges while there, beginning with really good photo labs in Chattanooga which slowly shut down film processing and finally disappeared altogether. One possibility may still be there, at Tennessee Technological University in Cookeville, unless they've died off, also. I finally switched to digital, with no regrets. Edited by William Kahn