Graflex B

<p>I just jumped in and placed a bid on a Graflex B SLR camera. I got it and from the description is seems like it's coming with rotating back and 3.25x4.25" film adapter as well as one film holder. Can anyone tell me more about film size? Can i use 4x5 with different holders?. I guess if I don't like it as much as I thought I will just re sell it.</p>

If you want to shoot cut film, check Ilford's website in April

for the great annual Ultra Large Format run where they cut

and offer a huge number of oddball sizes including I believe

3.25x4.25.

Otherwise, I recommend investigating whether this model

of camera will accept a Graflex rollfilm back.

<p>I'm pretty sure you're going to have to cut down 4x5 film, which isn't the end of the world, or adapt a 120 roll film back to it as David suggested. If you set up a little jig to hold the film and do a little practicing in the light w/ an exposed sheet of film, you should be fine. A lot of people just leave the film in the holder, and send it to a lab that way if they aren't going to do it themselves</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Otherwise, I recommend investigating whether this model of camera will accept a Graflex rollfilm back.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Here http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRAFLEX-FILM-ADAPTER-120-FILM-ROLL-HOLDER-3-1-4-x-4-1-4-MADE-IN-USA-/310622880743?pt=US_Film_Backs_Holders&hash=item48529103e7 is a 2x3 roll holder that will fit a 3x4 Graflex back. If you're patient, others will turn up.</p>

<p>Cutting down for single shots will work. Dan Fromms hint is the best option. I know of a fellow in CA or rebuilds backs so that they (3.25X4.25) Speed Graphics can use a standard Graflok back. This may also be functional for Graflexes. He may have permenantly retired. Also ii tmay be a both time consuming and cost sensitive! PM me if you want the contact ! I met him throught www.graflex.org</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Kris... Ive have an 'orphan' 3x4 for years, that I learned to cut film for, and its no big deal... I get a box of film, and in a dark bag, cut it all to size. At first it takes a learning for the moves, but its like ridding a bike, once you learn, you don't forget.</p>

<p>Give it a try, before you move on. ;-)</p>