Good deal for Ad?

plavchak

<p>Was asked by local high school to buy a T-shirt add. Add was a 5x5 with text and logo to be printed on 300 T-shirts to be passed out to parents. Adds are limited to 6 total on back of shirt and I would be the only photography add. Price was $360.00, which comes out to $1.20 per shirt. Idea is that these would reach the class of 2009 parents for senior sessions. Question is , has any one had any luck with this type of ad? Does this sound like a wise use of $360 of ad funds?<br>

Thanks,<br>

Mike</p>

<p>I think it's great. Schools are a great place to advertise. They have proms, and children have parties and graduations, bah mitzvahs, parents have birthdays, weddings, corporate events etc. It could give you great scope. Depends on the school though. Where it is and the demographic that use it. The higher up the scale the school the more success you may have.</p>

<p>Hi Mike,<br>

I currently own and publish my own local magazine and have about 20 years of experience in advertising. There really isn't any research on how T-Shirt advertising works so it is hard to say. I would say that if this is going to be the only advertising you do, don't do it. You are depending on people to wear the shirt and for someone to notice it for the advertising to work. Think about your personal experience... How many times have you done business with someone b/c you saw it on a T-Shirt. You can use the money more wisely by having postcards printed and asking the schools to give them to students - you can just have them given to seniors too. If the school doesn't do that sort of thing, you could also do a small targeted direct mailing or ask some local businesses to give them out.<br>

On the other hand, if you have other forms of advertising in place and this is extra money, it won't hurt to have your name out there on the shirts as an extra way of putting your name out there that will compliment your other advertising.<br>

Hope that helps!</p>