Funny Lumix Commercial

peter_k4

<p>Just saw this commercial on TV. Although on the surface it seems to send the opposite message that we all push - that it's the photographer, not the camera, I still felt it to be a refreshing camera commercial compared to all the Ashton Kutcher and Avril Lavigne stuff..<br>

<p> </p>

<p>It's a great ad! I like it a lot better than the ridiculous Canon ads with an actor pretending to be a film director (note the word "Dramatization" displayed during his "interview").</p>

<p>Better yet, the Lumix ad conveys a brilliant idea - the image is more important than technological decisions. I read an interview once where Paul McCartney was asked what brand of guitar strings he used. He didn't know, didn't care. His focus was on music, not mundane details that any guitar tech could easily manage. Or, as it relates to photography, it's our job to find good light and good compositions. A machine can pick an effective shutter speed.</p>

<p>It's an add focusing on a certain market. Face it, to the vast majority of people, photography is a complex and confusing hobby. All the little details we discuss and all the buttons on bigger cameras, and all the software we use to mess with it. It's enough to make a lot of people, say, " The heck with that ! I just want to take pictures. "</p>

<p>So, give them a simple way to get the job done, and tell them the photos will be great, and they will be happy. Remember, what many people think are great shots are just ones that are in focus, exposed reasonably well, and captured the smile or the jump or the event as they hoped.</p>

<p> </p>