Fujifilm Cardia Mini Tiara won't take photo

alo0822

I'm having some problems with a Fujifilm Cardia Mini Tiara (aka Fujifilm DL Super Mini) I just got and was wondering if anyone might be familiar with that camera. I put in a new battery and have been shooting a test roll for the past couple of days. It was working well, it loaded the film and was advancing the exposure counter after each shot, it worked with different exposure and focus modes. However, now the shutter won't fire. When I press the shutter button, the lens moves forwards then back as if trying to focus and doesn't take the photo. At first I was wondering if it had trouble focusing, but the same issue happened on fixed focus mode as well and I've tried with different exposure modes too. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? Thanks!

Could be an open circuit, a broken wire, a bad connection or a bad solenoid. A magnet may have shifted out of place but more likely a broken wire, some wires are hair thin and movement of shutter mechanism parts can vibrate the wires

I think you're in a dilemma of either getting it repaired or buying another one but both ways are expensive so perhaps another brand of camera might be the better option