Fuji Lenses for landscape and street

<p>I just got a XT-1 with 18-55 Kit lenses. Please suggest on some lenses for landscape, Street and travel Photography. My canon SLRs and Lenses are already too heavy on my shoulder when traveling even though I still have them with me.</p>

<p>For a wide angle travel/landscape lens I've been very happy with the Fuji 10-24 mm f/4 lens. I like the flexibility of the zoom for travel use. For landscape use only I might opt for either the Zeiss Touit 12 mm, or Fuji 14 mm lens. For street photography, consider the 27 mm f/2.8 Fuji "pancake" lens. I'm like you, the Nikon D 800 and lenses became too much of a hassle for travel use. My travel rig at this point is the X-T1 with 10-24 mm f/4, 18-135 mm f/3.5-5.6, and the 23 mm f/1.4 lenses. With the Domke F-10 bag the system weighs a little over 5 1/2 pounds.</p>

<p>Your kit zoom seems right for street. - Maybe shoot it until you know which Fuji primes you'd like to use instead of it? <br>

Sorry I just don't get your question, especially the Canon issue. Fuji offer 14 lenses in total. You already mastered the hardest part: picking one of 3 standard zooms. So the remaining questions are: do you need a wide zoom? - If so, there is only one. - Long zoom gets harder; the 50 -140 f2.8 weighs barely less than 1kg. You'd safe over 400g with a 55-200 but probably loose AF performance? The XC 50 -230 is cheaper, slightly inferior performance wise and another 200g lighter.<br>

The XCs are the only lenses I have. The 50-230 is not tack sharp to feed the very last pixel, but works well enough for a 4K screen. - I'm fine with that and while the shorter kit lens with X-M1 isn't really noticable in my backpack, the longer with X-E1 already stays at home sometimes, but I hope I can optimize the packaging to get it out more often. AF performance is (non stellar) P&S like & "bearable for touristic needs", yes I did already wonder if it might be faster to focus my infamous Tair on a Pentax, but they are so heavy & bulky. Maybe its partially my cameras to blame for the slow AF or I should run OIS permanently to speed the focusing up instead of confusing it with camera shake induced blurr?<br>

I don't know the best compromise for you, but maybe if you need a fast focusing long zoom sticking to your old DSLR for that purpose makes more sense than getting the expensive 50 - 140 for Fuji and feeling too slow?<br>

I haven't read any good review of Zeiss on Fuji, so I guess sticking with Fuji's very own lenses is the better idea.<br>

Of course its tempting to cobble some heritage glas on a MILC. I'll give mine a go but guess for anything less static than landscapes it won't get me far and the entire thing might work only in the 35 mm +x range, if at all and speed advantages will get eaten by lack of OIS. <br>

There seem adapters for any known lens mount so maybe get one of them if you have glas with a nice focusing ring?<br>

As far as kit zoom replacement primes go Fuji offer only pancake & macro vs. "fast(!)" as a choice. - As usual I'd suggest a test scroll with a bag filled with groceries of similar weight before you start buying a kit of lenses.</p>

<p>my fuji kit is XE1x2 + 18-55 + 14/2.8 + 27/2.8 + 35/1.4 + 60/2.4. the 18-55 is surprisingly good and very versatile. all the others are stellar. in your position i would get either the 10-24 or 14 for landscape and wide shots, and the 55-200 for landscape and maybe outdoor portraits. it would be a shame not to get at least one Fuji prime: either the 23/1.4 or the 35/1.4 for low-light, depending on whether you prefer 35mm or 50mm; the 18/2 or 27/2.8 for street (the 27 is wicked sharp). shooting street with a pancake fixed-focal is a different aesthetic experience than shooting with a zoom. with an XT1 i would have no hesitation about using the larger/heavier Fuji zooms, which is a concern on a smaller body like the XE1.</p>

<p>For travel I my first choice is now my XT-1 with Fuji 18/2.0, Pancake 27/2.8, 35/1.4 and the CV 75/1.8 lenses. I probably only need to carry just one of the 27 or the 35, and after latest travel I found the 27mm by far had the most use. The CV 75 takes more time to use (manual focus) but is a very nice lens to have with you, well worth the small weight premium. This combination weighs in about 1286g; leave out the 35/1.4 and it drops to about 1067g.<br>

A 27/75/XT-1 combo would weigh in at 949g, and a 18/35/XT-1 combo would come in at 781g. So this set really offers a lot of choice. <br>

I probably went a bit overboard (ok not probably) but I made a spreadsheet with a bunch of weight combinations:<br>

<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/161DP7kX0o1fcBZsI_8m3YztkG1PLUerqSbnGFt34Z3c/pubhtml">Weight Comparison Fuji Canon</a><br>

Please confirm any data and use at your own risk; there may be errors that I didn't catch. I hid the weight columns for Canon lenses, if someone is interested I can republish with all columns visible.<br>

Jim</p>