Fuji just dropped a huge X-E2 firmware update

andylynn

<p>New version is 4.0. I'm impressed. They've added the AF system from the X-T10/X-T1 and a bunch of usability updates. There's an option for the direction buttons going directly to AF selection (no intermediate tap-once-to-get-into-AF-points needed) and the on screen displays are more compact. There are three ISO Auto settings that are customizable so I can switch between settings for different lenses without having to go into the options.</p>

<p>Also, I don't know if I'm just being tricked because I was shooting my X-Pro1 for the last few days, but everything seems quicker and more responsive, and the live view display seems closer to real time.</p>

<p>See: <a href="http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xe2/index.html">X-E2 4.0</a></p>

If you are running 1.x on an X-E2, upgrade for sure. It's a huge difference. Fuji firmware isn't like other firmware. It's like a

new camera. An X-E2 with this firmware is almost exactly the same as an X-T10 but with the finder on the left side. I have

one along side an X-T1 and aside from the obvious- more controls, tilt screen and larger finder - they're now very, very

similar.