Free XLR Upgrade for Panasonic AG-HMC40

mc2imaging

<p>I'll admit, I'm a bit slow to go HD. My primary distribution is still DVD, so the extra resolution does me no good, and my clients have been fine with that.</p>

<p>I love my Panny DVC30s, but alas the time has come to retire them. They served me well and paid for themselves in short order, but DV tapes are getting expensive and hard to find, and to remain competitive I have to go all HD (I do have a couple HD cams I use for small projects, including a Pentax DSLR, but I need REAL video cameras for the type of work I do).</p>

<p>I've looked at numerous options over the last couple years, and even borrowed a few cameras to try out, and decided that the HMC40 was the logical replacement for the DVC30. A common gripe about the camera is that the XLR mic adapters cost extra (almost $300), so that has to be factored in when looking at this camera compared to the competition. I already have 2 of them so that was no concern to me. I hit all of the major shopping sites and decided that B&H didn't have the best price, but that anyone who was cheaper had questionable or no reputation, so B&H got my business once again (and no, they are not paying me to write this).</p>

<p>After placing my order for the $1699.95 camera, I discovered there was an AG-MYA30G mic adapter on the packing list that I didn't pay for. It turns out that there was a promotion that was not yet listed on their website that they automatically upgraded me to. Here's the details:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/625605-REG/Panasonic_AG_HMC40PJU_AG_HMC40_AVCCAM_HD_Camcorder.html">http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/625605-REG/Panasonic_AG_HMC40PJU_AG_HMC40_AVCCAM_HD_Camcorder.html</a> </p>

<p>I have not put my first HMC40 to work yet, but looks to be just as revered as the DVC30 was in its day. Low light is its Achilles heel (no SNS like the DVC30 has), but in well lit situations, these cameras are known to produce amazing IQ for the money, with professional audio too! If you are looking for a pro quality camera on a tight budget, this deal deserves a serious look.</p>