Fraudulent D800E camera's ?

CvhKaar

<p>Just a warning,</p>

<p>Nikon here in the Netherlands warns for "fraudulent D800E"camera's. It seems that on the internet D800E camera's are offered which in real are D800 Camera's which were "changed" into D800E camera's by usage of replacement of (parts of) the outer shell.</p>

<p>Nikon placed an article on this on their European ( and Dutch ) Websites, but i guess those fakes might also reach other parts of the world through Fleebay hence this post.....</p>

<p>Here's the Dutch Article : <br>

https://nikoneurope-nl.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/63158</p>

<p>And the British for the few ppl who do not read Dutch.. :-) : <br>

https://nikoneurope-en.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/63056</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Nikon Rumors had a story on that this morning. Really bizarre. Unfortunately this web site won't let me post a link to the Nikon Rumors article. You can search it out if you're interested.<br>

I guess the cameras look close enough on the outside that thieves thought they could pull off the switch and folks would buy them.</p>

<p>Quite amazing you'd go through the trouble of replacing the model shield for what is a relatively small price difference. But it would be even more amazing if they would steal the AA-filter from a D800 and sell it like it is a complete camera ;-)<br>

Curious case, though. No doubt something is happening, else Nikon would not put the warning up, but it sounds like a rather laborious fraud to me.</p>

<p>From the Nikon article, it appears that some people have been happily shooting a plain vanilla D800 under the impression that it was a D800E. It's got to make you wonder why they paid extra for that additional letter E in the first place. Or why anyone did for that matter.</p>