Four Months without Gene M

Troll

<p>Yeah I noticed that too... Been awhile! I hope he's all right! I suspect that maybe he's a little bored....found film is getting harder to stumble across! We need to send him a crackerjack box camera he's never seen before so he can show us how it's done!! The times are not so naive ... more calculated estate sales as true found in the attic stuff! I miss Gene!</p>

<p>Worried, as you are, I sent a note to Gene M a week ago or so and he was nice enough to reassure me that he is well and will return to our company in due course. I hated to intrude, but I was hoping everything was all right.</p>

<p>In the meantime, his site is still very much there at <a href="http://westfordcomp.com/updated/found.htm">LINK</a>. I visit it regularly when he is not posting "live" to get my fix of found film.</p>

<p>Thats good news JDM, thanks for posting that he is ok. I was thinking of contacting him myself but also didn't want to intrude, just in case he was getting a heap of people asking him the same thing.<br>

I purchased a camera off him a few months ago and I promised to email him some photos when I got it. Now I'd better get my butt into gear and shoot some film in it for him.</p>

<p>Hail the king of lost & found films!</p>

<p>Well, thank you kindly JDM von Weinberg for that link. I enjoyed looking at more work from Gene M.<br>

It's an eerie sensation that all too often when I look at his Found images, I have the sudden premonition of knowing the people in the photographs. In the end this always turns out to be merely coincidence of having similar images from my own past or from that of my parents or grandparents. It's really very funny and makes me smile.<br>

I think there's a roll of "found film" kicking around here somewhere that was in a second-hand camera....<br>

Then there were the "found kodachromes" that came in the second-hand carousel trays I bought. I couldn't get rid of them because they showed a young couple's trip to the south of Spain when the orange trees in the orangerie of Seville's cathedral were merely newly-replanted saplings......</p>