Focomat Ic enlarger - user manual ?

bda

I have recently purchased a second-hand Focomat Ic enlarger.

Unfortunately, it did not come with the user manual. If anyone here

has a copy to spare, I would be extremely grateful. Any suggestion on

how I could get it from other sources will be welcome.

Regards

Bertrand

There used to be one on LHSA which I can't find there anymore. Thank god I downloaded it and I did send it by mail.

Good luck with your focomat, a very good enlarger.

BTW what lens do you have on it ? Some say it can be only calibrated for autofocus with the leitz focotar lens. This is not correct, I have on mine a Schneider componon-s and it works perfectly. If you have a focotar on it, don't expect to improve a lot with newer lenses. I didn't notice a big improvement anyway comparing an old focotar with a new schneider componon-s. Both very good lenses.

Greetings,

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 12 years later...
There used to be one on LHSA which I can't find there anymore. Thank god I downloaded it and I did send it by mail.

Good luck with your focomat, a very good enlarger.

BTW what lens do you have on it ? Some say it can be only calibrated for autofocus with the leitz focotar lens. This is not correct, I have on mine a Schneider componon-s and it works perfectly. If you have a focotar on it, don't expect to improve a lot with newer lenses. I didn't notice a big improvement anyway comparing an old focotar with a new schneider componon-s. Both very good lenses.

Greetings,

No difficulty calibrating a Focomat Ic with the most recent version of the El Nikkor 50mm either

• 4 weeks later...
PM me and I can send you the .pdf file on the focomat 1C. The original that the .pdf was created from appears to be dated 1952. I have mine set up with a Schneider 50 Componon and the auto-focus can be calibrated to work quite well with it. The file is 1.8 MB.