Film Camera Week for March 2

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, Mar 1, 2018.

2. Thanks very much!
  3. Livery stable at Columbia Calif. Shot with Leica MP and Superia. I am not much of a color film guy as I do not develop it and the closest lab is 50miles away. However I am going on a 3 week backpacking trip in July from Yosemite Valley to Mount Whitney and thought I would shoot color on the way. I am satisfied with Superia for that. I love the Leica MP as a camera but was having trouble sleeping because of the money I spent on it so yesterday I sent it back. Now I cannot sleep because I let it go. Anyway bad for my emotions all around.

livery stable-web.jpg
  4. My sympathies, Ross, having been in that situation many times. Time heals, and perhaps you should look around for another camera you've hankered after, something a little less costly. The world's full of interesting cameras that take great pictures!

5. I would like to try a 4x5 sometime.
  6. Water Tower at Jamestown railroad. Since the trains were not running they let me walk down the track for a shot.

Water Tower web.jpg
  7. Nikon F 50mm 1.4
    Combining hobbies...
    Riding my bike (in parking garages is actually good exercise) and taking pictures...
    A 24mm in f mount would be really nice, but I promised my self no more new (old) lenses or cameras.
  8. Hello
    Here are a couple from the Agfa Isolette III using expired Kodak Ektachrome 200
    Developed by FotoExpress in San Jose, CA
    Some of the colors may be a bit off and that is due to my poor scanning and post processing
    More latter

Agfa Isolette III Kodak Ektachrome 200 creek.jpg

jungle gym
    Agfa Isolette III Kodak Ektachrome 200 jungle gym.jpg

Santa Clara Veterans Memorial
    Agfa Isolette III Kodak Ektachrome 200 Veterans Memorial.jpg
  9. I have one I'm not using, if you'd like to borrow it.
  10. This has a wonderfully 3-D look to it.
  11. I feel your pain. From time to time I think about a Leica MP.
  12. Much as I like Arista EDU 100 Ultra in the 35mm format, I find it a little slow for hand-held work with medium format cameras. However, one day last week, with a wonderful light from a slightly hazy sun, I loaded a roll into a Mamiya 645 1000s fitted with the Mamiya Sekor 55-105mm f/4.5 lens and took a walk around town. The tonality of the results was impressive; the film was developed in PMK Pyro and scanned on an Epson V700 Photo using Silverfast SE software.

Pay at the Library

Pay at the Library.jpg

13. Pictures in Washington DC, shot last summer on Elite Chrome Extra Color, taken with my Minolta 300si camera
    No. 1

No. 2

No. 3

The following were also taken last summer in Richmond Va, near the James River; shot on Elite Chrome Extra color, using my Kodak Retina Reflex III.

No. 1

No. 2

No. 3

No. 4

No. 5

14. Nothing recent as the weather won't cooperate....

Werra 3, HP5 in HC110

Leica R6, Summicron-R 90mm, HP5 in HC110
  15. Himatic_170_Isetta en messerschmidt.jpg

Minolta Himatic 7S Berrger Pancro 400
  16. Hello
    Here is a few more from the Agfa Isolette III and Ektachrome 200

water valve
    Agfa Isolette III Kodak Ektachrome 200 pipe.jpg

Memorial sign
    Agfa Isolette III Kodak Ektachrome 200 sign.jpg
    Jungle Gym
    Agfa Isolette III Kodak Ektachrome 200 Jungle gym2.jpg

Agfa Isolette III Kodak Ektachrome 200 Memorial.jpg
    davecaz, LMar and James Bryant like this.