Film Camera Week for August 31

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by Mike Gammill, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Through injudicious use of the 'back' button, my intended posts for this thread got posted to the wrong forum.
    so here is one more
    Leica-M-3-10.jpg
    Leica M3, Summicron 50mm, Ektar 100

2. An image from 1987: The film was Ektachrome 100. Minolta SRT 101, don't remember which lens.
    upload_2018-8-31_20-49-21.jpeg
    Industrial Seaways Road, Gulfport, MS
    And from same roll, don't forget the water tanks
    upload_2018-8-31_20-50-29.jpeg
    Same camera, longer lens (again don't remember the lens), should have dusted this slide off

MarcelRomviel and James Bryant like this.
  3. At last, a fine Saturday, and I managed to shoot a roll of Ilford HP5 Plus with the Bronica S2a I mentioned in the "What camera are you using..." thread. I'll post some samples; the lens was the 35mm Nikkor-H f/3.5 and the film was developed in PMK Pyro. Scans from an Epson V700 Photo using Silverfast SE software.

Cask

Cask.jpg

Creek

Creek.jpg

Tavern

Tavern.jpg

Jazz

Jazz.jpg

Saddle

Saddle.jpg

4. Some more color:
    upload_2018-9-1_15-17-58.jpeg
    Sundog, Konica Auto S 1.6, Fuji Superia 200
    In a pinch one can often improvise. Photo below with original compact Tamron 28-200 which required a separate dedicated close up lens since it lacked close focus. Later I picked one up for under 20 USD but the photo below was made with this lens using the projection lens from an overhead projector as close up lens. I mounted it in a Cokin filter holder with the 72mm adapter to fit lens. Not as sharp as dedicated accessory, but got me close enough. I think this was made with a Maxxum 2xi.
    upload_2018-9-1_15-24-42.jpeg
    Ariel, mid 90's. 3500 xi flash, IIRC.

5. No doubt this will annoy someone, but I don't know where else to put it and it was taken with a classic manual lens, the Tamron Adaptall-2 28-70 f/3.5-4.5. It's also heavily processed in LR and Topaz to produce a high key effect.
    20180824-7942-Edit-SM.jpg

6. Shouldn't annoy anyone. This thread is for any film camera. Thanks for posting.

7. I didn't mention the camera, now that you point it out. Classic lens, digital camera.

8. Now you’ve done it....

9. [​IMG]

Aviation Days, NMM Soesterberg. Focused slightly too far forward
    Kodak (Folmer&Schwing Div.) Speed Graphic with 135mm Erkos Selar and Fomapan 100

10. Blurring the lines between classic gear and digital a bit more.... a quick snap with my smartphone of a print made last weekend. The original image is made with classic manual (fm2 with 105 f/2.5 or R6 with 90 f/2 - not sure), scanned and printed as a large negative on a transparency, to finally make this cyanotype print....

B2391A09-69B2-41D6-9869-ED26D24151EC.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  11. Cyanotypes are a great way to introduce kids to light sensitive materials. I plan to include some work with those materials later in the year for the chemistry class that I teach.

Wouter Willemse likes this.
  12. [​IMG]

Fokker G-1 Replica,
    Carl Zeiss Werra 1, 5cm f/2.8 T(essar)
    Double-X

13. Tried to get some photos rescued from the funky colours.

CanonP_025_Betoncentrale.jpg

Canon P outdated Spector Privilege 200 film

14. [​IMG]

Wing spars of a Fokker C.X
    Werra 1, Double-X

15. Untitled (33).jpg First Film Developed at home. Straight out of the can last night. No post process. Gotta iron out a few details like dust and such. Think I'm hooked.
    TMax 100 HC-110 B

James G. Dainis and Mike Gammill like this.
  16. Untitled (30).jpg Again, straight up scan out of the can.

James G. Dainis and Mike Gammill like this.
  17. Untitled (28).jpg I first walked under these arches 50 years ago in second grade....Nikon S3 2K T-Max 100 HC-110

Mike Gammill likes this.
  18. Looks like your off on a tangent !

19. Great results, Moving On. Thank you for sharing some images.

20. Moving On said :
    If you have the strength of character to resist, there's probably time to quit before you join the rest of we addicts. But that looks like a pretty good start so I'd prefer you to keep going...