"Fantasy Game" ads with flashing

anthea50

<p>Hi Josh<br>

Over the last two days I have noticed ads for Fantasy Game (right hand side of screen) that are very annoying and IMO inappropriate! The first ad was bad enough; from the Pentax forum at around 11pm last night (Oz time), the Fantasy Game ad features a women with very large breasts, ok, not to my taste, sexist even, but I try not to let this stuff bother me, but I took a screen shot just in case. Then this morning around 8.30 am and a bit later, I noticed the Fantacy Game ads now have women with over large breats AND blue flashing breast plates! Heavens to murgatrode! Enough already! Very hard to avoid blue flashing 'anything' in your peripheral vision. More screen shots taken.<br>

Some months ago I switched to Firefox and only use that now, apart from that I am running XP Pro 2000, not sure what else you need to know. I'll put where and when the ads appeared under each screen shot, hope that helps!<br>

Of course I know that you don't control the ads, so PN is not responsible for the things, but I would appreciate it if you could do something please.</p><div>00WCRX-235433584.jpg.def683caee329efead3aa546ffded67f.jpg</div>

<p>Either I don't get to see those on Safari or I'm getting old and haven't noticed them. I do have to agree, I don't think large breasts photograph as well as a more moderate size -- generally speaking. Oops, maybe that isn't what was meant?</p>

<p>Flashing is a little tacky and it is sexist. Girls can usually get away with flashing, where guys can't. Hardly fair.</p>

<p>Evony is much better -- no flashing and the breast size appears to be smaller.</p>

<p>I actually alerted the ad guys to this prior to the first post. It looks like one of the ad networks is serving crap. Happens sometimes right before a weekend. I have no idea if it is the ad network trying to sneak the junk in there or if the advertisers are playing tricks by submitting one ad for approval and then switching out.</p>

<p>In any case, please be assured that it isn't intentional and I am working to get them removed.</p>

<p>The above mentioned ads seem to interspersed with "you've got a new message", and the "get in touch with your classmates", and the "congratulations, you're...". Very prevalent of late, and they make me nervous: seem like they are right next door to data mining and other maliscious behaviours. Really a waste, we do not need them.</p>

<p>I actually took some time away from PN due to the intrusive advertising. Now I'm back and it seems even worse than when I left.</p>

<p>Look, I'm not whining about the advertising, just the crap that plays stupid video commercials with <strong>AUDIO BLARING THROUGHOUT MY OFFICE WHEN I'M TRYING TO COVERTLY SURF PHOTO.NET.</strong></p>

<p>Or the pop-out ads that cover what I'm trying to view every time my mouse cursor gets near them.</p>

<p>I could live with the computer generated breasts that Althea writes of but can certainly see how some might find them offensive.</p>