Events Photographer

p_creek

<p>Not trying to be vague, but it really depends on a number of factors. The type of event, venue and client(s) will drive much of the negotiation. What is your pricing model - are you charging a flat fee for certain coverage, or taking pictures and selling to end users (either on-site or through web ordering)? Will the event require just one photographer, or will you be hiring other photographers, assistants, and personnel to work a sales booth/table? Do you have to give a "cut" to te event's organizers? What is *your* experience level - and what is the customer's expectations?<br>

There are many, many more variables. Bill Folsom wrote a book on event photography a while back - and he lives in the DC metro area. Recommend you purchase a copy, or check it out from the local library if they have it. Also, you'll need to talk with other photographers in the area to get a sense for what they are charging (note: the business is VERY competitive, and many photographers don't want to share their pricing models and income with competitors!)</p>

• 4 weeks later...
<p>I have a very unique photo nitche that not many people are doing and it keeps me busy five months out of the year. Now if I can just get business for the rest of the year. As an event photographer, I'm not inclined to give out my idea for free. It has been very successful but it's also easy for someone to copy. So I'm going to have to see if I can corner the market first and foremost.</p>