Electro GT and Les Miserables@ the Carnival

This GT from Stephen George just made the 1970 cutoff. Amazing

metering using Kodak 800 film from K-Mart (the film box was labeled

from China). Don't think any P&S digital can match this shot. Had

several kids with me who seemed interested in the old "Stealth".

Maybe a future user in the crowd?<div>00FBhV-28068384.jpg.19d5d93b233f5f3d6db191632d59aeae.jpg</div>

Yep, AE classic cameras without a build-in flash are very nice for covert work. Thanks to the chrome finish (GT, I know, I know) most look very modern in a retro-style sense and can easily pass as one of the more expensive digicams. I also try to educate interested bystanders when they ask about what kind of camera I'm using or who I'm taking pictures for (with my "pro camera"). The Yashica Lynx 14 is a real chick magnet with its impressive Yashinon lens.

Well, I think we had way to few W/NW threads here is the last past months so I'm going to show off one of my Yashica Electro 35 GT shots I'm proud of: My girlfriends pet at the vet. f/4, 1m, handheld.

"Obviously you've never heard of the Fuji F10/F11: http://www.photo.net/photodb/member-photos?user_id=1778493"

Hi Fred, great portfolio, your F10& F11 are certainly accomplished P&S's, I wouldn't be surprised if Fuji kept you supplied with their hardware.

I guess I did overlook those Fuji models. I purchased an earlier model Fuji (something), can't remember now, two years ago and used it for a few days. It was certainly better than other P&S output I'd seen. Had to "fuss" with the output in Paint Shop to get color that I liked though. Gave it to my daughter who used it for a few months and then the lens wouldn't extend consistently. It eventually disappeared.

I forgot about Fuji till I saw their Z1 model. Coooool! No lens extension! Tried one in the store under low light conditions. Discovered the "glass" isn't the fastest so the 800 ISO worked best on a tripod. If I remember correctly 1600 ISO was "fuzzy". It uses image stabilization also, doesn't it. I think the newer Z2 is better,

I may get one if I can't find a Pentax "ist" that is priced right (I like the real SLR type viewfinder and all the old K mount lens possibilities, and my Canon FD's are deadended).

Back to the subject at hand, and my statement. Considering the pix was handheld, taken with a 36 year old camera that is available on the used market today for less than $50 bucks and a roll of K-Mart film/processing I think that "trumps" ALMOST any P&S to date, all things considered except your Fuji10/11's. How's That? OK?

BTW, how do the F10/11's work on a tripod?

Regards.

Hi John, that's not my gallery - the owner is a much better photog than I am. :)

I do have the F11 but sadly have to return it very soon because of banding - noise patterns that can occur at even ISO 400. Hugo's gallery is a great showcase of the Fuji when it's working flawlessly.

And yes the Yashica GT is a great bargain considering its capabilities. I personally prefer something smaller when I'm not lugging an SLR.