Eizo cg223w problems calibrating with i1 display2 (color cast)

Hey

I've got a brand new eizo cg223w and am trying to calibrate it with my eye one display 2 using ColorNavigator.

No matter what I do I'm getting a red colorcast in the result.

I did a validation and saw that the red values are above 10.

I've asked the Eizo support why this can happen since I assume the device should not notice it's own failures one would think. The answer was:

###

It is an issue with the ColorNavigator software. I am not aware of the

specifics, but believe it is something to do with the algorithm used and a

check-sum character that accompanies each validation number. Also the

software has numbers for correct validations and the numbers it received

back from the colorimeter (puck) did not meet specifications.

###

I'm not sure what I should do now...

I'm thinking about getting a dtp94 instead - but don't know if I need it with software (silver haze) or if ColorNavigator is enough.

I'm also not sure about the difference between dtp94 and dtp94b.

Or are the better devices you can suggest if I buy a new one?

Would be glad for any helpful suggestions/advices.

Thanks,

Christoph

<p>just a thought: which OS and version of color navigator are you using? if there's a problem with the version you're using (delivered with the monitor?), you can probably download a different version of eizo's website. maybe a different version doesn't have the same problem? personally i have a ce210w, and never had a problem with calibrating it.</p>

<p>The DTP-94 is a great device and some could suggest better, but the EyeOne Display should not be providing a red cast. Its either a defective unit (you can run the EyeOne Diagnostic software from X-Rite), or there’s something up with the software or display. Make Eizo or your dealer fix the issue before you go off and get another instrument. </p>

<p>As for validation, its kind of bogus (you are using the same instrument that did the initial work to check itself). If you had a known, more accurate reference device, it could check the work of the other, lesser accurate device. Using the same device to gauge itself is more a feel good button, or something you’d use if you got really poor results (which you are), but it doesn’t pin point why you got the errors. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Hi there and thanks for your help!<br>

I've downloaded the latest version. And I've also used the diagnosis tool which says the device is fine.<br>

I'm still thinking about getting the dtp94 which seems more accurate - but anyways, for the meantime I need the monitor to be calibrated.</p>

<p>Does just using xrite's match software work or is this a huge difference to ColorNavigator? I could not find anything about how to troubleshoot the issue further, or how to correct these values :/</p>

<p>You want to be using ColorNavigator which controls the panel. You could try the X-Rite software just to see if the issue is still there, if not, it indicates a CN issue.</p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>Just to get sure: I also read about double profiling - are there any usual places where I could have forgotten to disable existing settings?<br>

I'm using an nvidia card, but there something like "external apps controls color mgmt" or so - in the Win settings I can only see the selected profiles from CN, connected to my screen. The screen is also connected to the machine for the first time.</p>

<p>okay might be interesting, here is what I did:</p>

<p>1. turned off ColorNavigator, switchted screen to srgb in the menu<br>

2. calibrated using i1match<br>

3. noticed that the reddish cast stays the same and removed the profile<br>

4. turned on colornavigtor and noticed that the cast is even more red now</p>

<p>Is it possible that this profile is stored somewhere I don't know and it gets doubled now?</p>

<p>The monitor is set to the calibrated profile, and photoshop is set to use prophoto (also tried adobe rgb).<br>

But both, the image in PS as well as general windows elements and menus have the same red cast.<br>

And I have no idea why :(</p>

<p>What happens when you click on the custom Eizo profile in the Color Management tab?</p>

<p>Might just do it if it's already selected and see if "Apply" (or any other button similarly named) becomes clickable and if so click on it and reboot. I had to do this on a Windows XP system for the profile to be recognized by the system. After reboot the calibration kicked in. Not sure this may work in your situation.</p>

<p>Video card manufacturers may write drivers that can conflict with OS integration requiring these sort of procedures. Updating the video driver may work as well.</p>