Effects of account expiration?

obi-wan-yj

<p>I'm currently a paying PN subscriber with 100+ photos in my gallery. I need to trim back my financial obligations, so the PN account probably has to go when it comes due next month. What will happen to my photos and the rest of my account when that happens? I know that non-paid accounts (which is where I will be) can only upload a handful of photos. Will my photos beyond that threshold get deleted? Will they remain on PN, but invisible to the general public (my preference, in case I decide to re-up down the road)? Something else?</p>

<p>What other changes will I experience? Will I still be able to search & post to forums? Critique other people's photos? Access articles (like those at the lower center of the main page)?</p>

<p>You'll see more advertising, you will be able to submit fewer photos for critique and if the system gets low on disk space your existing images may be removed. Your conscience will also start to bother you, you'll have trouble sleeping and you may start loosing your hair (unless you are already bald, in which case worse things may happen...).</p>

<p>Worst of all you will lose your subscriber icon, which will greatly lower your social status on photo.net.</p>

<p>We're not vindictive so we don't immediately remove your images if you don't renew your subscription as a punishment, but non-subscribers who are over-quota would be first on the list for image deletion if and when that becomes necessary. I presume you lose your ImagePro account if you have one, but I don't know the details on that. If you have a photo.net email forwarding address (i.e. yourname@photo.net), that service will stop.</p>

<p>You will still have access to forums and articles</p>

• 2 weeks later...