Edith Shain dies at age 91

<p>She lived a long life, but it saddens me to think how few remain of the WWII generation.</p>

<p>I photographed her in 2007 when she appeared in a St. Patrick's Day Parade in San Diego. Along with the hundreds of others who probably photographed her that day, I can say that I photographed the same woman as Alfred Eisenstadt. </p>

<p> </p><div>00WjMj-253945584.jpg.652dabdff86ec6229fe47d0911c23aab.jpg</div>

<p>The sailor lives near me and I interviewed him last year (Time Life denies knowing that he is the sailor, perhaps because they would owe a lot of money in royalties - the other photos Eisenstadt took of the kiss have his wife of more than 60 years standing behind them as he kisses the nurse - very clear shots of his wife laughing at them...) and his stories of the war are amazing (he was on the Sullivans in the Pacific) It was really a neat feeling to talk to a living bit of history, and he even gave me a photo of the kiss that he signed. Time marches on...<br>

Mark</p>

<blockquote>

<p>The sailor lives near me and I interviewed him last year (Time Life denies knowing that he is the sailor, perhaps because they would owe a lot of money in royalties...</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I never heard Life paid Ms Shain any royalties. Why would they owe any to the sailor?</p>

<p>Henry Posner<br /><strong>B&H PHoto-Video</strong></p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video